- 1 Text
- 1 PDF
- 1 Download
Lessons You'll Receive
Here's What You Get with This Product
This 3-D starfish dissection anatomy model can be used as a dissection-free starfish exploration, a pre-dissection study tool, or even as a summative assessment for comparative anatomy. Students will be able to identify and explain the structure and function of the internal and external anatomy of the starfish.
This 2-3 day lesson includes:
• 13 PowerPoint slides with bell work, instructions and embedded answer key to handouts
• Starfish Guided reading PDF: student friendly reading with descriptions of location, structure and function of each organ
• Starfish Template in BLACK LINE AND COLOR
• Use the PowerPoint to color in their table and starfish organs
• Use the provided reading about starfish anatomy and prior knowledge to determine the function of 25 starfish organs.
• Cut out the starfish and its organs
• Glue the starfish Scienstructable together using the directions in the PowerPoint
• Use the table and the Scienstructable starfish model to learn about starfish anatomy
Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Starfish Dissection Model by © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy LLC All Rights Reserved
Melissa and Gretchen are a dynamic pair of former secondary life science teachers who have a true passion for curriculum design. They love helping teachers focus on their students rather than on lesson planning and create engaging lessons that are used in thousands of classrooms around the world.
We'd love to help! Click the link below to send us an email and we'll respond within 1 business day. Thanks!